Review: K&K pure western mini…sound sample http://tumblr.com/ZDQj1xEJ0h22
1. completely passive (needs no battery) better for your guitar, one less thing to go wrong or forget.
2. Sounds great and cuts thru mix well with some eq. ( I know, some people think EQ can do anything, but the source of the sound’s got to be pretty awesome if you want to get something good come out the other end)
3. Picks up the guitar like a mic would which means, if you knock on the headstock, that gets picked up too, along with any hitting or knocking on the body.
4. Low in price, $86.99 look at the picture.
5. Installs and comes out of your guitar without leaving a trace of anything inside. Cable from paste on bridge sensors just floats in the air without cable ties, no battery bag because there’s no battery, installs into the jack with no drilling if you have a Taylor or Larrivee (companys who happen to drill the peg slot to fit a quarter inch jack/preamp) Even if you don’t have that, routing the whole is not hard and there’s a beefy block of wood reinforcing that area of the guitar for those afraid of injuring your baby.
6. Cuts thru a mix well. Listen to my little drummer boy recording. This is purely a plugged-in sound, no mic. http://tumblr.com/ZDQj1xEJ0h22
7. If you have a Taylor ES system, replace it with this, you won’t regret it!